2 Minute Links – Writing for Blog Networks
Today is a big day!  I just recently finished an ebook I was going to package with another product.  However, since yesterday was SEO Discovery's 1-Year Anniversary and I love my readers, I figured what the heck, you can have it for free!
Here's the short guide I wrote about creating content for blog networks very quickly.  It should allow you to save money on outsourcing and write your own posts in record-time.
2 Minute Links – How to Write for Blog Networks
Blog networks are an excellent way to build links.  In my opinion, they offer the best return out of any SEO software or service you can pay for.  Here's something you may not have assumed: I do not outsource any of my posts and I currently use 3 different blog networks. 
I write about 10 posts per day which comes out to between 1,000-2,000 words every single day, and I do it in less than an hour every day.  I write my own content so I know that it is 100% unique and also properly relevant to my keywords.  These are the tricks I use to create content so quickly.
The Golden Rule: Quality Does NOT Matter
The sooner you embrace this the quicker you will write content at lightning speed.  The truth is that NO ONE will read the posts you write.  They are called private blog networks for a reason ;)
This means you can create content that basically sucks, as long as it is relevant to your keyword and free of grammar/spelling mistakes.  That makes for good blog network content.
(Just to be clear, I believe very strongly in creating awesome content.  These rules are strictly for creating blog network content)
Trick #1 Don't Edit
A lot of people write slowly because they want to proof-read as they go.  You can to stop if you do this.
When you write, do not stop your stream of consciousness no matter what.  This is called 'getting into the zone'.  In normal writing, this is still a good practice, but it is even more important when writing for blog networks.  You don't even have to return to a post to edit it and make it more readable.  All that matters is that you get the words down.
The goal is to get 150+ words on the screen that are relevant to your keyword.  As far as I'm concerned, every word that hits the screen is magic.  There's no looking back.
Trick #2 Make a Fast Outline
When I say a fast outline, I really mean FAST!  A 150 or 250 word post does not require much planning, but here's how I do it:
Write your title
point 1
point 2
point 3
You probably only need two different points to cover for a 150 word post, but there's nothing wrong with writing an extra 100 words when you're in the zone. 
To be honest, most of my posts are over 200 words long and I know that I am rewarded in the search engines for it.  Why?  Well for one thing, most SEO experts agree that longer content is better especially after the Panda update.  And also…

A word about indexing:
A lot of people look at indexing rates when they review blog networks.  For instance, BMR is said to have an indexing rate of at least 90% and in my analysis of Rank Jumpers I found I had an indexing rate of 95%. 
While it is up to the strength of the network to decide how well indexed the pages are, it also depends on the length of the content.  A 100 word blog post is simply not as likely to be indexed as a 200 word, or better yet a 300 word post. 
Do yourself a favor and don't blame the network right away for indexing rates.  If you have something more to say when you hit the 150 word mark, go ahead and add the 50 extra words because it could be the difference between 1 link and 0 links.
Now back to the outlining!

Here's an example of how I would outline a post:
Keyword: Studying Tips
Title: Studying Tips For Students
Point 1: Why you need studying tips
Point 2: How studying tips can improve your grades
That's it.  Notice that I don't even provide studying tips, but that doesn't matter because the quality as we perceive it is irrelevant.  It is strictly for the search engines which do not perceive quality like we do. 
I could come up with tons more points to make for that same article including: where to go to study, the best time to study, the best brain-food to eat for studying, why studying is hard, why studying is easy, who studies, do studying tips work, how long should you study etc. 
And of course, if you came up with some actual tips for studying, you could recycle and reuse those over and over again.
This bring me to the next tactic…
Trick #3 Recycle Points
You don't need to come up with totally original ideas in every post you write.  In the example above, I could talk about the best time of day to study and make that a post.  That doesn't mean I can never write about that precise topic again.
Your writing is going to be a bit different each day.  Your writing style and word choice is highly susceptible to your own attitudes and current state of mind.  If you return to an idea you have previously written about you'll find that you'll have no problem writing an article about that exact same topic with entirely new language.
Trick #4 Expand Terms
This is pretty straight-forward.  You may use acronyms in your writing.  If you say SEO for example, make sure you break this down into "search engine optimization" often so that you get the additional words.  This might seem negligible, but trust me, when you add all of these techniques together you can really get an edge.
Trick #5 Double up on Adjectives and Verbs
This is probably my favorite way to make my posts WAY longer.  All you do is expand upon your word usage as much as you can.  Make your sentences obnoxiously long so that you use even fewer of your ideas per post.  Here's what I mean:
Normal sentence: Before he jumped into the pool, Tim dried his feet so he wouldn't fall
Annoyingly long blog network sentence: Before jumping into the large and deep pool to splash around and make noise in the water, Tim decided to dry his dripping wet feet so he did not slip and fall into the pool like a fool. 
Every time I use an adjective I try to use two, and when an action is taking place (splash around) I add another (and make noise).  That sentence is 38 words long, that's 1/4 of a post LOL.  Be ridiculously descriptive!
Trick #6 Rephrase Yourself
After you finish a long sentence like in the example above, instead of moving onto your next idea and exhausting your limited amount of ideas, rephrase the last idea. 
I would do this by saying something like, "By drying his feet thoroughly before quickly jumping into the pool, Tim ensured that he would not embarrass and hurt himself by falling on the hard and rocky ground surrounding the large and deep pool." 
That's another 35 words, so at this point you are about half-way done a post and you've basically said one thing.  This strategy makes it MUCH easier to come up with hundreds and hundreds of post ideas without ever running out.
Trick #7 Split Contractions
When all you have to do is exceed a word limit, why would you write one word when you can write two?  Don't ever say "don't."  Say "do not," every time.  It's easy to forget, but do your best to get into blog network writing mode and be excruciatingly long-winded and wordy.
Trick #8 Add Redundancy
This trick comes to you courtesy of The Department of Redundancy Department.
Once again, don't say one word when you can say two.  Here are a few examples:
prototype -> prototype model
software -> software programs
diet -> diet plan
RSS directory -> RSS feed directory
blog -> blog site
Depending on your niche and topic you may end up with a lot of these redundancies that you can cycle through during your writing.
Final Thoughts
If you wrote content for your blog like this it would be a nightmare.  However, blog network content needs only to be relevant to your keyword, original, and free of spelling mistakes to appear as quality to the search engines.  By focusing on these three ideas and not on quality as we perceive it, you can crank out content at lightning fast speeds.
Writing like this might seem a bit ridiculous, but it truly is the most efficient way.  Only by focusing on this writing style can I keep up with my content creation day to day.  
If you're not on the blog network bandwagon yet then I suggest you jump aboard!  Those of us utilizing blog networks are practically laughing our way to the top of the SERPs.  Like all backlinking methods, it's no magic bullet, but they make for a great core or foundation for any link building campaign.  
In order to build even stronger rankings and make sure you stay algorithm proof, you just need to keep your link portfolio diversified.